CRN Fight Night 2016 took place on Thursday 26th May at the Brewery in Chiswell Street, London.
After eight years, the event has gone from strength to strength. With our biggest crowd to date packed into the central London venue, the atmosphere throughout the evening was truly electric.
The evening kicked off with a mass balloon pop to see who had won a free bottle of champagne for their table (courtesy of HP and Westcoast), after which the alcohol flowed freely all night.
For the first time in Fight Night’s history we had four women representing the channel – with some of the loudest cheers coming from the crowd in support of them.
Thanks to our amazing supporters we raised a combined £42,483 on the night, coming from pledges, silent auction and a donation from CRN. The money raised will be divided up between each of the fighter’s charities.
Below is a list of our fights, with the winners in bold:
• Peter ‘The Pistol’ Ollerenshaw (Softcat) v Andrew ‘The Shoreditch Shark’ Miles (CMS Distribution)
• Darren ‘The Suburban Samurai’ Blumenthal (Accenture) v ‘Lightning’ Luke Masterton (Northamber)
• Alan ‘The Beast’ Kearney (Infinigate) v Paul ‘The Pocket Rocket’ Page (CDW)
• Phil ‘Little Evil’ Laidlaw (ArrowECS) v Oliver ‘The Earth’ Crake (Lenovo)
• Kelly ‘The Ram’ Mason (Comms-care) v Emma-Beth ‘The Assasin’ Anthony (Agilitas)
• Lenny ‘The Wolf’ Bowers (Mimecast) v Daniel ‘The Judge’ Wellings (The Ring Boxing Club) – DRAW
• Sandie ‘El Toro’ Ibanez-Leach (Kite Distribution) v Thea ‘The Fear’ Mayes (HP Enterprise)
• Gary ‘The Brawler’ Warner (Avnet Technologies) v Aatish ‘The Lion’ Pattni (Check Point)
• Craig ‘Boss Man’ Drew (Insight Direct) v Scott ‘The Admiral’ Nelson (Westcoast)
Fighter of the Night prizes went to: Lenny ‘The Wolf’ Bowers (Mimecast) and Emma-Beth ‘The Assasin’ Anthony (Agilitas)
With the fights over, and the boxers having a well-earned drink at the bar, the party really got started and the typical channel mingling began.
The hardcore partygoers then moved on to the after-show party at Beduin Bar in Smithfields and danced until the early hours.
Congratulations again to all our fighters for all their hard work and also their sterling fundraising efforts.
The photos from the night can be seen on our Facebook page.
■ Fight Night will be back in 2017. To register your interest as a potential contender, we will be accepting entries and nominations at the CRN Channel Awards in November.